Singapore’s Changi International Airport is a paradise for all shopaholics. So if you are one of them and headed to Changi, make sure you do your Changi Airport Shopping right!!! Here are some of the most awesome tips on Changi Airport Shopping which will help you save time and money and also have a lot of fun in the process. So read on!
5 Tips to Help you Shop, Save and Make the Most at Changi like a Pro:
So, here it goes….
#1. Grab That Changi Transit Programme Free voucher
If you are travelling To or From Changi (Singapore) then the Changi Transit Programme allows you to grab S$40 Vouchers also known as the Changi Dollar Voucher[CDV]. Click here to know more.
- The S$40 Changi Dollar Vouchers (CDV) will be distributed as 2 S$20 CDVs.
- The First CDV is valid for one time use at all Retail, Food or Service Stores (except the ones mentioned in the exclusion list) located at the transit.
- The second CDV is also valid for one time use for all Alcohol, tobacco, cosmetics or perfume purchases.All passengers belonging to Australia, China, Denmark, France, India, Indonesia, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom are eligible to use these CDVs.
- The CDVs can be redeemed at the iShopChangi Collection Centres that are located near the GST refund counters.
- Public Area: All hotel reservation counters, Avis car rental, Hertz car rental, M1 shop outlet, and Passenger Meeting Services counters.
- Transit area: All Hermes outlets in all terminals, left baggage counters in Terminal 2 & 3 and the SATS Rainforest Lounge in Terminal 1.
- Both public and transit areas: All money-changing counters, NTUC outlets, Cold Storage outlets, Cheers outlets, 7-11 outlets, Presto Drycleaners and The Haven.
#2. Want to spend on Sightseeing? Get it for FREE!
This has got to be one of the coolest Airport Attractions of all times – free Singapore Sightseeing. All you will need is 5.5 hours of time at hand – So yes, this is ideal if you have a layover in between flights which is that long or more. If you have that, you are up for a wonderful journey through this awesome island republic.
- Eligibility requirements:
- You have to be a Transit Passenger of Changi International Airport.
- And you at least have 5.5 hours to spare.
- Availing this service:
- Register Yourself. When you arrive at the Changi Airport, Wait at the Transit area as the registration booth are located in the transit area. Registration will close 1 hour prior to your tour start time. Make sure all participants are registered so they can be led as a group for immigration clearance.
- Please also keep in mind that the seats are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
#3. Encash GST that you paid, before you leave!
Another wonderful option that Singapore offers its guests is Goods and Services Tax refund. This is a fantastic way to save some money while shopping in Singapore. When you will buy goods and products in Singapore you shall be required to pay GST to the retailer. The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) enables you to get refund of the GST you paid.
Do note: You should buy products only from retailers that are registered for GST and you will need to have the invoices for those purchases in order to claim your refund.
#4. Shop for some ‘Self-pamper’:
Here is a tip to use your time at the airport in the most wonderful way possible. Pamper and rejuvenate yourself at Changi’s 24 hour lounges. They provide all sorts of luxury facilities like showers, nail care, foot reflexology and even massage therapy. Such spas are available at all the three terminals:
- Airport Wellness Oasis: Near D Gate level 3, transit area. For further information call : +6565462433
- Plaza Premium Lounge : Near C gate level 3, transit area. For further information call : +6564432730
- Ambassador Transit Lounge : Departure Transit Lounge, near F gate, level 3. For further information , please Call: +6562141778
- Transpa: Central Level 3, transit area. For further information call : +6565422849
- Ambassador Lounge : level 3, transit area. For further information call : +6565438183
#5. Shop & Relax to your heart’s content at Changi:
Be enchanted with over 1000 butterflies at the Butterfly Garden at Changi airport and then head to stores with some rare international brands at Changi.
- Terminal 1 boasts shops like Bally (known for its shoes and accessories), Burberry (I don’t even need to tell you about this), Bee Cheng Hiang (Known for its Finger licking pork preparations)
- Terminal 2 brings to you the world of Seven Eleven (24×7 departmental store) and Calvin Klein (the name is enough I Guess)
- Terminal 3 nails it with the best of brands – Gucci, Giordano, Charles and Keith, Hermes, Lacoste, Michael Kors, Swarovski, Mont Blanc, Prada…..the list is endless!
Do Note – These are Duty Paid Shops and Not Duty Free shops.
For Duty Free Shopping we always recommend to first compare prices on DutyFree.buzz before doing any kind of duty free shopping.
So, there you have it! That’s how you can shop, save and have some fun while you are busy with Changi Airport Shopping… But do remember – Always… See, Compare, Buy to know the best prices on Duty Free Products!